Choosing the Perfect Window Style: Factors To Consider for Functionality & Design
While choosing windows for your home may seem like a simple task, there’s more to consider than one might initially think. Windows come in many different styles, and they also provide other functions.
Homeowners need to consider both their aesthetic goals and what functions they are looking for, all while meeting the decided-upon budget.
Factors To Consider for Functionality
First and foremost, your windows must provide all the functions needed to keep your home in good condition. When considering the purpose of each style of window, keep the following aspects in mind:
- Energy efficiency: Different styles of windows offer different energy-efficient properties. Choosing a style with improved energy efficiency will save you money in the long run.
- Ventilation & airflow: Windows play a huge role in properly ventilating your home. Selecting a larger window style is your best bet to increase your home’s natural ventilation and airflow.
- Privacy & security: As a homeowner, you’ll want to select a style of window that offers reliable privacy and protection from the exterior of your home to keep yourself and your loved ones safe and comfortable.
- Maintenance & cleaning: While it may not be at the forefront of your mind, some windows are more challenging to clean and maintain than others, so keep this in mind while selecting your style.
Factors To Consider for Design
Typically, the most fun part of the process is determining the style of design you want to achieve with your new windows. When doing so, it’s good to consider the following:
- Architectural style: Your windows must fit well with your home’s architectural structure for a seamless look and proper operation.
- Interior design: Choosing what style you prefer, from pane type to shape to treatments, is a great way to express yourself and upgrade your home’s aesthetics.
- Natural light & views: Natural lighting and exterior views vary depending on the style of window you select.
- Window treatments: Window treatments, including curtains, shades, and more, are a significant aspect of your window design.
Popular Window Styles To Choose From
Some of the most common types of window styles homeowners choose are:
- Single-hung windows: Single-hung windows are a traditional window design that features a fixed top sash and a raisable bottom sash.
- Double-hung windows: Double-hung windows feature a movable top and bottom sash, allowing you to open the window from both parts.
- Casement windows: Casement windows open outward from both sides by hinges.
- Sliding windows: Like single-hung windows, sliding windows feature a fixed and movable sash that slides side to side.
- Plus, many more!
Choose S&K Roofing for Window Services
S&K Roofing is here to make your window dreams come true. We are a one-stop shop able to cater to almost all your exterior remodeling needs! Our team consists of honest people who won’t pressure you into making decisions, and we have a no-hassle sales process.
When you choose to work with us, you can expect the following seamless project process:
- Estimate: We’ll discuss the estimated cost of your project.
- Proposal: Once the ins and outs of the project have been solidified, our office will prepare a proposal.
- Scheduling: We’ll schedule a project start date after signing the proposal.
- Installation: Once all is agreed upon, our team will be there to begin work.